Question Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

• Thank you received: 5

ExtraClones replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

Thank you very much! I agree to have two lists. If Forender has no objections :) If he agrees, I want to propose the following candidacies: Liam Neeson, Adrien Brody, Dolph Lundgren.
  • wartech
  • wartech's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 180

wartech replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

Hi! Will think about Man and Woman voting a bit)

But we have one good news)) We have new seller in our small store from DeviantArt - Terrymcg

He also worked on Wonder Woman. If all goes fine, you will see much more his work))

I upload first his work on FoRender :

forender.com/component/mijoshop/product/...inoutfit-for-v4.html

• MKDAWUSS
  • Away
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18

MKDAWUSS replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

wartech wrote: Hi! Will think about Man and Woman voting a bit)

Interesting to note, though, that the M4/GM nominees never made it far in the funding stage. Though, that was some time back. Things and attitudes will have changed since then.

But we have one good news)) We have new seller in our small store from DeviantArt - Terrymcg

He also worked on Wonder Woman. If all goes fine, you will see much more his work))

I upload first his work on FoRender :

forender.com/component/mijoshop/product/...inoutfit-for-v4.html

Welcome to FoRender, TerryMCG
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadowz
  • wartech
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Yes unfortunaly all male character fails on funding(((
  • Thank you received: 1

eyeteeth replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

Speed Gal update looks good!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sdsullivan

DavidGB replied the topic: Famous person 2018!

Well, as I do renders of my own stories which have my own characters in them, I don't have much use for Poser/DAZ versions of film and TV characters and their actors ... with one exception. I have some written stories I'd like to do some renders of sometime where it is noted that one of the main male characters happens to look a lot like Hicks in Aliens (and indeed it's a running gag amongst the other characters that he does). So the ONE (preferably G3M) character I would contribute funding for and/or buy would be Michael Biehn as he looked in his 30s. (It's also an in joke in something I'm doing now that one character looks quite like Sydney Fox in Relic Hunter ... but a merchant on Renderosity did a very nice Tia Carrere for G3F last year, which I already have, so that ship's sailed.)

BTW, with regards to converting V4/M4 and/or G2F/G2M head shapes to G3F/G3M and a post of mine and a reply to it a few weeks ago (sorry, I'm disabled and often not up to posting, and wasn't up to replying to Wartech's reply back then) ... the first time I did such with Transfer Utility, and then later the first time I did them with GenX2, I got some very nasty results. But in both cases it turned out that I had an incorrect workflow or wrong settings; once I had worked out the right workflow and settings the results were great. However, there is of course one limitation: G2F and G2M have a (much) lower base mesh resolution than V4 and M4, and G3F and G3M have an even lower mesh resolution than G2F/M. None of the transfer tools will transfer or create HD morphs, and only DAZ and DAZ PAs can create HD morphs e.g from sculpting on the subdivided mesh in a modelling app. So whether you transfer from e.g. V4 or G2F or sculpt a G3F or G3M morph yourself from scratch, you can only get a base Genesis 3 resolution morph, which will be bland and undetailed in certain respects compared with a V4 morph, or even a G2F morph - just the general shape. On the Genesis 3s you can't even get a proper chin cleft without an HD morph. So, unless you are a DAZ PA and have the tool to import HD morphs at a subd level above 0, you pretty much have to give up on thinking you can produce a good celebrity likeness (at least with most celebrities) with JUST your custom morph. You need to include some settings for morphs from DAZ or DAZ PA face feature morph packs to get the details that need HD (like e.g. a chin cleft, or creases from the nostrils down along the outside of the cheeks) to add to your base character head morph, and include that the product requires the user to have whichever pack of HD morphs (like the DAZ Genesis 3 Head Morphs packs which almost any Genesis 3 user will have). So, certainly for me, the last part of converting V4 or G2F characters to G3F, after using Transfer Utility or GenX2 to transfer the main head shape, is then tweaking some other HD morphs (usually just some of the DAZ Head Morph pack ones) to replace some of the details lost because the conversions are only base mesh resolution. Unless one is a DAZ PA with the HD morph import tool, there is simply no ability to custom sculpt those details yourself.

And as a further BTW, as someone who mainly comes here for the real weapons, I'm sad the production of more appears to have pretty much stopped - especially as two massively common real world weapons have not been done even though incredibly uncommon and obscure ones have. (1) The most commonly seen form of AK in film and on TV, in fiction the news and documentaries: the AKMS - the one with the underfolding metal stock; and (2) a proper AK74M - produced and issued in huge quantities - with the side folding solid polyamide stock (like you've put on a Saiga shotgun, but not on the AK102 that could otherwise stand in for an AK74M).
  • Ghostwolf
  • Away
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6

Ghostwolf replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

ExtraClones wrote: Hi, people! First of all, I want to thank you for positive assessment of my work :) Very pleasantly! Secondly and, I was a little tired of female characters too, and long ago I want to continue the male line. Just you remember it. In the third, I can finish appearance of Gal Gadot that it became the exact copy. If you arrange the corresponding vote, and it will become successful. And in conclusion, I plan to graduate from LCWW for G2 in a week. Thanks!

Well the Victoria series has always been very popular compared to other 3D character lines, the market and the demand drives the need for more related products.

Keep up the great work as always.Just a little word of advice though, the human face is a very sensitive and delicate surface, Any more unnecessary wrinkles, bumps and creases, would make the character looks old or looks like somebody else, so do take extra care try not to overdo the face morph.

Take "Adventurer for M4" for example, at first I did not recognize that was Harrison Ford until I look in the Famous Person poll, initially I thought that was Mel Gibson, oops. :P

There are also users who bought "LCWW for V4" said the face looks a bit old, not of her age, of around 25 at the time, when she played the WW character on TV, then again that is just their individual opinion.
  • Thank you received: 0

sdsullivan replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

Speed Girl's been updated? Cool. Was there supposed to be an email to owners? ('Cause I didn't get one.)

What do we do, just download it again and reinstall?

It won't wipe out the original face morph, will it?

-- S

shadowz replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

This is my take on creating Gal using poser morph dials. It's not perfect, but with the right texture it would look much better.
Ever since Fast & Furious she has always been a favorite actress.

Cheers
Attachments:

legacyzulu replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

What's in the update for SpeedGirl? Also, am I the only one who feels like G2F/G3F should become the base goal for funding? It seems like they're hardly ever met if they're beyond that. I don't think Munn will even get funded for V4.
  • MKDAWUSS
  • Away
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

legacyzulu wrote: What's in the update for SpeedGirl? Also, am I the only one who feels like G2F/G3F should become the base goal for funding? It seems like they're hardly ever met if they're beyond that. I don't think Munn will even get funded for V4.

DAZ users will agree, Poser users will disagree. ;)

As for the funding stage, that's where people get a lot pickier in terms of selection. That's where you're looking at the selected model and going, 1) Is this someone I voted for? 2) Is this someone I have any ideas for renders at this time (either as packaged or tweaked)? 3) Does this have a chance of being fully funded in time?

And of course, there are those who buy a finished model.

ExtraClones replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

to Ghostwolf
Thanks, I understand about what you have written. Really, sometimes I want to make more work in a relief.... Yes, I will be more careful whenever possible :).
to ALL
As for votes and the choice of basic figures. For me it is indifferent, I can make model on any basic figure. The choice only for you.

legacyzulu replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

MKDAWUSS wrote:

legacyzulu wrote: What's in the update for SpeedGirl? Also, am I the only one who feels like G2F/G3F should become the base goal for funding? It seems like they're hardly ever met if they're beyond that. I don't think Munn will even get funded for V4.

DAZ users will agree, Poser users will disagree. ;)

As for the funding stage, that's where people get a lot pickier in terms of selection. That's where you're looking at the selected model and going, 1) Is this someone I voted for? 2) Is this someone I have any ideas for renders at this time (either as packaged or tweaked)? 3) Does this have a chance of being fully funded in time?

And of course, there are those who buy a finished model.

Good points! Haha I should clarify that I don't think other people should fund something they don't want.
  • Ghostwolf
  • Away
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

So the Oliva Munn project got prematurely terminated and replaced? it's still got some days left, well then obviously people aren't very interested in it, judging from the amount donated.

sdsullivan replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

Wait, Olivia's gone now? :-(

I was waiting for a new month -- and new cc. billing cycle -- to pledge for her.

:-(

Really, y'all should google her name and "cosplay" if you don't know her from her X-Men or Attach of the Show work.

-- S
  • wartech
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

NO ) She is still in funding!

forender.com/funding/campaign/28.html?layout=single

7 days left)

eyeteeth replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

advertising for Olivia :D

this one is a little caliente
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • Ghostwolf
  • Away
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Oh my, it's getting real hot in here, hahahaha! :woohoo: :lol:

But to be honest, 700 dollars is a very high goal to reach, regardless it is a crowd or a privately funded commission project.
In order to get every funding project passed, this site needs to get more traffic, like that in Renderosity or Daz3D,
so people will receive attention about it.
  • wartech
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

But to get that traffic Daz and Renderosity spent MUCH more money)
  • MKDAWUSS
  • Away
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Ghostwolf wrote: Oh my, it's getting real hot in here, hahahaha! :woohoo: :lol:

But to be honest, 700 dollars is a very high goal to reach, regardless it is a crowd or a privately funded commission project.
In order to get every funding project passed, this site needs to get more traffic, like that in Renderosity or Daz3D,
so people will receive attention about it.

So here's a question: would a place like Rendo frequently be able to crowdfund $700 for a figure in a short amount of time? What you see there are finished products being sold for $5-20 without any money coming during production (AFAIK). I also wouldn't know how long it takes for a figure here to generate $700 of sales after release, assuming any do.

eyeteeth replied the topic: Famous person 2018!

oh well :(

mghsfan replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

Showing some love for Elisabeth Sladen / Sarah Jane Smith for the V4/G2 funding...

Attachment KMP-DVD1704.jpg not found

Attachment 614845_10151087115213256_886320640_o2.jpg not found

Attachment 322320_10151087115568256_1939994359_o2.jpg not found

Attachment 327683_10151087115733256_722393718_o.jpg not found

Attachment 544628_268530603230637_365062228_n.jpg not found

Attachment 30688261_1781906415199431_1165453360854164550_n.jpg not found

joea64 replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

I just realized that even though Caroline Munro seems to be very popular (she's gotten by far the most votes of any person in the 2018 voting so far), she's failed to get enough funding for a figure twice now running, back in May 2017 and then again last month. What gives? Do people just not want to put down the funding necessary to get her character made even though everyone seems to want her? Honestly, if I could afford it, I'd put down that $500 to have her custom-made so the poor lady could finally get out of "development hell"!
  • wartech
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Well. Soon will be new store.. .and we plan to offer direct funding creation to customers... or maybe that will be a each month game, the winner grab all money from other fundings) if of cause donators that did not request refund. In result we will have at least on project.
  • dareshiranu@gmail.com
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

dareshiranu@gmail.com replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

wartech wrote: Well. Soon will be new store.. .and we plan to offer direct funding creation to customers... or maybe that will be a each month game, the winner grab all money from other fundings) if of cause donators that did not request refund. In result we will have at least on project.

I can only hope that you might offer Genesis 8 figures if you plan on such a thing. I have had some success transferring from older generations, but would prefer just having the most recent figures available quite frankly. I don't object to other versions being available, that isn't my place. But on other sites vendors do seem to manage to provide multiple formats of their figures.

And you're a such a good sculptor that I find your figures quite desirable.
  • Ghostwolf
  • Away
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Well, I learned from my past observations regarding donation funded character projects is that, those who voted for the project and those who are willing to provide financial support for the project are two completely different things. Yes those people showed enthusiasm in the votes, but when it comes to actually giving money to support the project, not a lot of people would want to do it, this is the reality sadly. :(
  • MKDAWUSS
  • Away
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Ghostwolf wrote: Well, I learned from my past observations regarding donation funded character projects is that, those who voted for the project and those who are willing to provide financial support for the project are two completely different things. Yes those people showed enthusiasm in the votes, but when it comes to actually giving money to support the project, not a lot of people would want to do it, this is the reality sadly. :(

I think there's also the Snowball Effect to take into account. The closer it is to being fully funded, the more people are likely to help get it over the top. 3 days and $70 isn't going to get any takers while 14 days and $250 might.
  • wartech
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Yes that why we plan to change strategy))
  • dareshiranu@gmail.com
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

dareshiranu@gmail.com replied the topic: Famous Person V4/M4 Vote!

At least you're doing Genesis 3 now. An improvement that I can adapt from more easily, so I'll donate. It doesn't hurt that it happens to be Emma.

juyan16 replied the topic: Famous person 2018!

Natalie Portman